Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PBDS 501- re:Indesign CS5 experience

InDesign CS5 is a great addition to the CS5 suite. It basically incorporates all of the functions and tools of the previous versions into a more user friendly interface. My favorite part of the program is the side bar which you can customize to display your favorite tools/windows. This allows me to work quicker because now I don't need to search drop down menus anymore to find what I am looking for! The most useful tool I have discovered from any InDesign version is the "send to front/send to back" which allows you to position your text/image on top of another picture! The only thing I don't like is when you import a picture as a background and you lock the layer so that you don't keep moving it; sometimes you forget that you have locked the layer and cannot figure out why it is not moving! The book does a great job guiding users. I am trying to learn next how to transfer an altered png file directly from photoshop into indesign!

No comments:

Post a Comment